The sections cover the metric and the analytic theory, the group theory, the algebraic topology of mapping class groups and moduli spaces, and Teichmuller theory and mathematical physics.
What does MCG stand for?
MCG stands for Mapping Class Group (mathematics)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MCG
We have 217 other meanings of MCG in our Acronym Attic
- Macdonald Consulting Group (Georgia)
- Macquarie Communications Infrastructure Group (Australia)
- Magnetizing Current Generator
- Magnetocardiographic (recordings)
- Major Contractors Group (UK)
- Malaysian Culture Group
- Management Compensation Group
- Manchester Craftsmen's Guild (jazz band)
- Manitowoc Crane Group (various locations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The expository articles discuss asymptotic geometry of foliations and pseudo-Anosov flows, Pontrjagin class and higher torsion of sphere bundles, L2-torsion invariants and the Magnus representation of the mapping class group, parameterized Gromov-Witten invariants and topology of symplectomorphism groups, mapping class actions on surface group completions, and Johnson's homomorphisms and the rational cohomology of subgroups of the mapping class groups.
9780821838389 Problems on mapping class groups and related topics.