The first manual of standards was the Manual of Standards for Adult Parole Authorities, published in July of 1976 by the American Correctional Association.
What does MoS stand for?
MoS stands for Manual of Standards
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of MoS
We have 281 other meanings of MoS in our Acronym Attic
- Mambo Open Source
- Man of Steel (aka The Man of Steel; also seen as TMOS)
- Man On the Street (type of interview)
- Managed Office Solutions (UK)
- Managed Operations Services (various companies)
- Management Operating System
- Management Operations Staff
- Manned Orbital Station
- MANTIS (Multimodal Networks of In-Situ Sensors) Operating System (open source software)
- Manual Observing System
- Manual of Style
- Manually Operated Switch (railroads)
- Manually Out of Service
- Mapping Ocean Sanctuaries (Center for Image Processing in Education)
- Margin of Safety
- Margin on Services (insurance)
- Marine Observation Satellite
- Marine Occupational Standard
- Marineoperationsschule (German Navy school)
- Maritime Observation Satellite
Samples in periodicals archive:
The committee shall prepare a manual of standards and general specifications for the unified addressing and instructional board system to make it an essential reference book for local governments in the country.
In 1977, the American Correctional Association and the Commission on Accreditation for Corrections released the Manual of Standards for Adult Probation and Parole Field Services.