Under the terms of the Acquisition Agreement, Chairman Leung (and parties acting in concert with him) will not hold more than 29% of the total number of shares in issue (or any other equity interest percentage which triggers a mandatory general offer obligation underRule 26 of the Takeovers Code).
What does MGO stand for?
MGO stands for Mandatory General Offer
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of MGO
We have 33 other meanings of MGO in our Acronym Attic
- Mahatma Gandhi National Institute of Research and Social Action (India)
- Moto Guzzi National Owners Club (motorcycle)
- Manipal Global Nursing Program (India)
- Mgahinga Gorilla National Park (Uganda)
- Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (India)
- Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (India)
- Monona Grove Nursery School (Madison, WI)
- Magnesium Oxide (chemistry)
- Main Geophysical Observatory (Russia)
- Marine Gas Oil (marine fuel)
- Master General of the Ordnance (British military position)
- Materials Global Operations (General Motors)
- Metal Gear Online (gaming
- Military Government Officer
- Minimum Generator Operation
- Music Goes On
- MG Owners' Club (UK car club)
- Morris Garages Octagon Car Club (classic car club)
- Mar Gregorious Orthodox Christian Student Movement
Samples in periodicals archive:
8 September 2004 White Knight Investments Plc ("White Knight" or the "Company") Result of EGM At the Extraordinary General Meeting of the Company held today all resolutions were passed, including a resolution to waive the obligation of the Concert Party (as defined in the AIM admission document dated 13 August 2004) to make a mandatory general offer which would otherwise be required under Rule 9 of the City code on Takeovers and Mergers.
The newspaper said Khazanah, which already owns 32% of Proton, rejected the offer because if it took up the equity held by Mitsubishi it would have to make a mandatory general offer that could be a ''very costly affair.