This volume by Richard Brook and Nick Dunn, researchers at the Manchester School of Architecture, offers a tour through urbanity noting a multitude of examples of those interpretations and interventions.
What does MSA stand for?
MSA stands for Manchester School of Architecture
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of MSA
We have 669 other meanings of MSA in our Acronym Attic
- Malaysian Scientific Association
- Malta Standards Authority
- Managed Service Account (Microsoft)
- Managed Services Architecture
- Management Science Associates, Inc (Pittsburgh, PA)
- Management Science of America
- Management Security Administrator
- Management Support Agency (various locations)
- Management System Audit
- Management Systems Architecture
- Manitoba Sheep Association, Inc (Manitoba, Canada)
- Manpower Standard Application
- Manpower Standard Application (Army)
- Mansfield Soccer Association (Texas)
- Mantenimiento y Servicios de Arquitectura (Spanish: Maintenance and Architectural Services; Guatemala)
- Manufacturing Service Agreement
- Marin School of the Arts (Novato High School; Novato, CA)
- Marine Safety Agency
- Marital Settlement Agreement
- Maritime Safety Agency (Japan)
Samples in periodicals archive:
95 Hardcover G140 The authors (both of the Manchester School of Architecture, UK) note an "erosion" or "confusion" of space in modern urban forms associated with paradoxical policies of decentralization and concentration, a fragmented urban landscape full of voids, the high definition of peripheral developments that contrast against the neutrality of the spatial envelopes they contain, the chaotic mix of functions within a chaotic palette of forms, and the blurring of the distinction between categories of space (such as the distinction between social and commercial).
The former St Thomas More RC High School pupil, in North Shields, along with team-mates from the Manchester School of Architecture - where he is a final year BArch student - beat six teams from universities in the USA in the grand final.