5) Possible reasons for the initial hematemesis in our patient include Mallory-Weiss tears, swallowed nasopharyngeal blood, and red dye-ingested beverages or foods.
What does MWT stand for?
MWT stands for Mallory-Weiss Tear (tear in esophagus usually preceded by vomiting)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MWT
We have 54 other meanings of MWT in our Acronym Attic
- Mehrwertsteuer (German value added tax)
- Minimum Weight Steiner Triangulation (geometry)
- Monothermal Warm Caloric Screening Test
- MLLW Stabilization Treatment Program
- Microsoft Windows Services for Unix (software)
- Missouri Western State University (St Joseph, Missouri)
- Ministry of Women and Social Welfare (Nepal)
- Malopolska Wyzsza Szkola Zawodowa (Polish: Malopolska School of Applied Sciences)
- MacBeth Williams Teleconsulting (Atlanta, GA)
- Maintenance of Wakefulness Test
Samples in periodicals archive:
When rushed to the emergency department during the emetic phase, CVS patients can present with blood in the vomitus due to prolapse gastropathy or Mallory-Weiss tears resulting from forceful heaves, erosive esophagitis, and aspiration.