According to the AfDB s press statement released on 26th March, the donor agency has explicated that the study is in line with the targets set under the Malawi Growth and Development Strategy II (MGDS II).
What does MGDS stand for?
MGDS stands for Malawi Growth and Development Strategy
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of MGDS
We have 4 other meanings of MGDS in our Acronym Attic
- Michigan Geographic Data Library (also seen as MIGDL)
- Modern Greek Dialects and Linguistic Theory
- Mode Group Diversity Multiplexing
- Maize Gene Discovery Project (est. 1998; National Science Foundation)
- Micro-Gel Diffusion Precipitin Test (microbiology)
- Missouri Genetics Disease Program
- Mobile GPS (Global Positioning System) Demonstration Platform
- Minnesota Government Data Practices Act
- Merged Geophysical Data Record
- Machine-Generated Data Structure (computing)
- Marine Geoscience Data System
- Máster en Gestión del Desarrollo Sostenible (Spanish: Master in Management of Sustainable Development)
- Membership in General Dental Surgery (UK and Ireland)
- Mined Geologic Disposal System
- Multimission Ground Data Software
- Multimission Ground Data System
- Master Global Directory System Agent
- Mined Geologic-Disposal-System Requirements
- Maple Grove Dance Team (Minnesota)
- Magazzini Generali Doganali Vercelli (Italian: Vercelli General Customs Warehouse)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Malawi Growth and Development Strategy II is the basic objective which emphasizes the importance of putting in place a foundation for long-term economic growth through improved infrastructure and investment climate.
The statement from the bank further added that the new strategy is in accordance with the Second Malawi Growth and Development Strategy (MGDS II) covering years 2011 to 2016 considering the new government s priorities of economic diversification, minimising vulnerability and enhancing infrastructure, as per the Economic Recovery Plan (ERP).