In this awe-inspiring three-part series for BBC One, Dallas Campbell travels the globe, visiting the world's largest and most ambitious engineering projects, exploring the power of human ingenuity and the making of the modern world.
What does MOMW stand for?
MOMW stands for Making of the Modern World (digital economics library)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Business, finance, etc.
- Miracle of Modern Technology Records (Newbury, England, UK)
- Mobile Originated Mobile Terminated
- Metal-On-Metal Tunnel Diode
- Method of Moments in the Time Domain
- Malaysians of Melbourne University (Australia)
- Memorandum of Mutual Understanding (government, organization or business agreement)
- Mobile Multimedia Communications (International Workshop)
- Mutant of Moloney Murine Leukemia Virus
- Manned Orbital Maneuvering Vehicle
- Mini Orbital Maneuvering Vehicle
- Molding Our Minority Young Mothers, Inc. (Louisville, KY)
- Mothers of Murdered Youth
- Moms of Many Young Siblings
- Management Overlay Networks
- Maniacs of Noise (band)
- Margine Operativo Netto (Italian: Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)
- Marine Observation Network (NOAA Data Buoy System)
- Master of None
- Mean Order Number
- Member of the Order of Niger
Samples in periodicals archive:
9780826440938 The Great War and the making of the modern world.
Perhaps there is now an opportunity in this centre of art and learning to highlight the manufacturing prowess of Birmingham's people and their effects upon the making of the modern world.
Or of Barrington Moore's comparative reflections on agrarian social structures in his Social Origins of Dictatorship and Democracy: Lord and Peasant in the Making of the Modern World.
Genghis Khan and the Making of the Modern World Jack Weatherford Three Rivers Press New York 9780609809648 $15.
2000) The Great Divergence: Europe, China, and the Making of the Modern World Economy.
The great divergence: China, Europe, and the making of the modern world economy.
It is that a key part of the making of the modern world is the transformation of the world's "commons" and communally held lands and waters into forms of private property.