We have also seen them moving away from using major weapons.
What does MWS stand for?
MWS stands for Major Weapon(s) System
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of MWS
We have 148 other meanings of MWS in our Acronym Attic
- Mid West Regional Road Group (Australia)
- Manly-Warringah Radio Society (Sydney, Australia)
- Morale, Welfare, Recreation and Services
- Massachusetts Welfare Rights Union
- Morale, Welfare and Recreation - Utilization, Support and Accountability
- Ministry of Water Resources, Works and Housing (Ghana)
- Mount Washington Railway (New Hampshire)
- Magic Work Station (game)
- Maine Warden Service
- Mains Water Supply
- Management Workstation
- Manitoba Water Stewardship (Canada)
- Mansfield Wind Symphony (Mansfield, TX)
- Manufacturing Work Station
- Marden-Walker Syndrome
- Marijuana Withdrawal Syndrome
- Marine Warranty Survey (various companies)
- Master of Worldview Studies (Canada)
- Master Work Schedule
- MasterWord Services (translation company, Houston, Texas)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The parts are used in more than two dozen major weapon systems, including the B-2 "stealth" bomber.
The Minister said: "A healthy and robust biodiversity is a major weapon in fighting the ravages of climate change, so it is vital we act to protect our natural wildlife from extinction.
13) In fact, in May 2006, the Secretary of the Air Force issued a memorandum mandating that technical data rights be considered in all acquisition "strategy plans, reviews, and associated planning documents for major weapon systems programs and subsequent source selections.
Plaid mep Jill Evans is backing calls for a total ban on cluster bombs as a major weapons review conference takes place in Geneva this week.
The master's degree provided a suitable education base for acquisition professionals working on major weapon system programs.
A spokesman said: "We believe the introduction of CCTV will be a major weapon against these racketeers even if they aren't caught in the act, the evidence will be available to get convictions.
Despite enduring numerous firelights, improvised explosive devises and indirect-fire attacks, the task force captured 17 high-value targets, eight major weapons caches and 98 insurgents.