That antigen is the major outer membrane protein, PorA.
What does MOMP stand for?
MOMP stands for Major Outer Membrane Protein
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MOMP
We have 1 other meaning of MOMP in our Acronym Attic
- Mobile Operational Meteorological Measurement System (Army)
- Motor Machinist's Mate, Ship Repair (US Navy)
- Milk Out My Nose (laughing)
- Maximum Overlap Molecular Orbital
- Molecules of Mesons Online
- Multiple Observative Mimetic Organicus (gaming, Xenosaga series)
- Museum of Modern Oddities (Australia)
- Music of Moroccan Origin (band; London, England, UK)
- Model Driven Modernisation of Complex Systems
- Maine Organic Milk Producers (Charleston, ME)
- Massachusetts Ocean Management Plan (Massachusetts Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs)
- Mid-Ocean Meeting Point
- Middle Oregon Metal Punk
- Minister of Multihull Propaganda
- Mitochondrial Outer Membrane Permeabilization
- Model-based Methodologies for Pervasive and Embedded Software (International Workshop)
- (One) Moment Please
- Ministry of Oil and Mineral Resources (Yemen)
- Monthly Oil Market Report
- Multiple Operator Multiple Robot (robotics)
Samples in periodicals archive:
At this initial stage humoral immunity in the form of secretary IgA antibodies targeting the major outer membrane protein (MOMP) of the pathogen appears to be the significant protective response and the determinant of whether infection develops or is cleared (Su 1993).
psittaci strains are based on the major outer membrane protein coded by ompA, and at least 6 types are described.
Typing of Chlamydia trachomatis by restriction endonuclease analysis of the amplified major outer membrane protein gene.
The gene sequence of the 56 kDa major outer membrane protein has been recently used to develop a nested PCR for the detection of O.
gonorrhoeae were negative, and notable levels of antibodies against a constant region of the major outer membrane protein of C.
In the resistant strains selected on gradient plates, we found that most lacked both major outer membrane proteins in comparison to the respective parent strain.
Multiple p44 genes encoding major outer membrane proteins are expressed in the human granulocytic ehrlichiosis agent.