With the assistance of the Office of the Secretary of Defense, Defense AT&L magazine publishes the names of incoming and outgoing program managers for major defense acquisition programs (MDAPs) and major automated information system (MAIS) programs.
What does MAIS stand for?
MAIS stands for Major Automated Information System (US DoD)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of MAIS
We have 61 other meanings of MAIS in our Acronym Attic
- Minimal Arrhythmogenic Infusion Rate of Epinephrine
- Marine Air Depot Miramar (US Navy)
- Military Air Integrated Reporting System
- Military Airlift Integrating Reporting System
- Monsoon Asia Integrated Regional Study (China)
- Member of the Association of Industrial Road Safety Officers
- Mobile Aircraft Instrument Repair Unit
- Macroinvertebrate Aggregate Index for Streams
- Maintenance Analysis Information Sheet
- Maintenance Information System
- Mallya Aditi International School
- Master of Arts in International Studies
- Master of Arts, Integrated Studies
- Masters of Arts in Intelligence Studies
- Materiel Acquisition Integrated System
- Mauritius Agricultural Information System
- Maximum Abbreviated Injury Scale (trauma severity measurement)
- Mediterranean Association of International Schools (Madrid, Spain)
- Method Adapted for Intermolecular Studies
- Michigan Administrative Information Services (University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Wyle has specialized in providing accurate "should cost" analysis for a wide range of high tech systems including satellites, aircraft, and large information technology; command, control, communications, computers, intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (C4ISR); and major automated information systems.
The DON CIO is in the process of developing a proactive approach to CCA certification for Major Automated Information Systems and DON IM/IT Special Interest Programs.
Envision gaining deeper insight into the risks associated with major automated information systems within the business mission area without asking program managers to create new artifacts.
DAMIR will identify the various data sources the acquisition community uses to manage Major Defense Acquisition Programs (MDAP) and Major Automated Information Systems (MAIS) programs and provide a unified Web-based interface through which to present that information.
Section 8084(c) of the Appropriations Act for FY 2004 re-enacted a provision that requires the DoD CIO to certify CCA compliance for major automated information systems to the congressional defense committees at acquisition milestones.