Cross-pollinating these varieties with others that feature farmer-valued traits such as high yield, good cooking qualities, and resistance to several important diseases such as maize streak virus, scientists have developed winning varieties seed that can give African farmers a good harvest under both good rainfall and moderate drought conditions.
What does MSV stand for?
MSV stands for Maize Streak Virus
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MSV
We have 106 other meanings of MSV in our Acronym Attic
- Mississippi State University Starkville
- Moscow State University of Technologies and Management
- Ministerial Sisterhood, Unitarian Universalist
- Michael Servetus Unitarian Universalist Fellowship (Vancouver, WA)
- Miter Saw Utility Vehicle (saw stand)
- Muzeja Savremene Umetnosti Vojvodine (Serbian: Museum of Contemporary Art of Vojvodina)
- Michigan State Utility Workers Council
- Maarten's Sound & Vision (Netherlands)
- Magnetically Supported Vehicle
- Main Stop Valve
- Manufacturer's Specified Value
- Maritime Security Vessel (Saab)
- Maximize Shareholder Value
- Maximum Safe Velocity
- Maximum Stable Value (real estate)
- Mean Square Voltage
- Medical Society of Virginia
- Medium Speed Variant (data communication protocol)
- Medium Systems Vehicle (Banks, Iain M; gaming)
- Meidericher Spielverein 1902 Duisburg (German soccer club)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The first all-African genetically modified crop plant with resistance to the severe maize streak virus (MSV), which seriously reduces the continent's maize yield, has been developed by scientists from the University of Cape Town and PANNAR PTY Ltd.
Her research group has developed an experimental variety of transgenic maize resistant to the Maize Streak Virus, a disease which has devastating effects on smallholder agriculture, in parts of Africa where maize is the staple food and livestock forage crop.