One detector is at an existing complex, the MINOS or Main Injector Neutrino Oscillation Search, in the deep Soudan mine in northern Minnesota.
What does MINOS stand for?
MINOS stands for Main Injector Neutrino Oscillation Search (nuclear physics)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MINOS
We have 2 other meanings of MINOS in our Acronym Attic
- Meeting I Never Miss
- Mint in Near Mint Package (collector's designation)
- Multivendor Integrated Network Management Technical Architecture (Sprint)
- Minnesota (old style)
- Minnesota Search and Rescue Dog Association
- Married in Name Only
- Ministry of Information and National Orientation (Ghana)
- Mobile International Network Operator (Santa Clara, CA)
- Money Is No Object
- Mitogen-Induced Nuclear Orphan Receptor
- Mine Operating System (United Kingdom)
- Mouse Inducible Nitric Oxide Synthase
- Micro-Integrated Intelligent Optical Sensor Systems
- MIIDS IDB; Navy Operations; Tactical and UB Resources
- Mt. Isarog National Park (Philippines)
- Mine Warfare Forces, Pacific
- Minimum Processing Time
- Ministerio de Relaciones Exteriores (Cuban foreign ministry)
- Mine Squadron
- Mare Island Naval Shipyard
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Main Injector Neutrino Oscillation Search (MINOS) at Fermilab recorded a total of 62 electron neutrino-like events.
The mission of the Main Injector Neutrino Oscillation Search (MINOS) experiment at Fermilab is to prove neutrinos have mass.