The law -- Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act ( MCOCA) -- will enable the police to tighten the screws on the accused as their confessions before the investigators would now be admissible in court.
What does MCOCA stand for?
MCOCA stands for Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act (India)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Marine Corps Opportunities Book (Career Planner Edition)
- Malay College Old Boys Association
- Maintenance Course for Operations Commanders (US Air Force)
- Managed Care Ombudsman Committee (Miami-Dade and Monroe, FL)
- Marine Corps Operations Center
- Marvel Contest of Champions (gaming)
- Medical Center of Ocean County (New Jersey)
- Melbourne Church of Christ (Australia)
- Michigan Confederation of Clubs (motorcycles)
- Midtown Church of Christ (various locations)
- Molecular Contrast Optical Coherence Tomography
- Medical Certificate of Death
- Multicultural Organizational Development Plan (Amnesty International)
- Multiple Cause of Death
- Multiple Components in One Database
- Midwest Coalition of Original Doll Artists (Kansas City, Missouri)
- Manipal College of Dental Sciences (India)
- Mainframe Centre of Excellence
- Maneuver Center of Excellence (US Army)
- Manufacturing Center of Excellence (Colorado)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The special Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA) court on Friday announced life term imprisonment to gangster-turned-politician Arun Gawli and ten others in the 2007 murder case of Shiv Sena corporator Kamlakar Jamsandekar.
A Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA) court, which tried Gawli and others during a trial that went on 22 months, held the gangster guilty of his role in the murder of Jamsandekar.
Mumbai, Oct 2 (ANI): A social activist has filed an application before a Mumbai court demanding that Pune-based stud farm owner Hasan Ali Khan, accused of money laundering, must be tried under the Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA).
A SPECIAL court on Friday granted bail to journalist Jigna Vora who was held under the stringent Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act ( MCOCA) for her alleged role in the J.
The court order comes as a big boost to the Mumbai Police, who have been praised by the court for taking the right steps in the murder probe by not only arresting eight suspects but also charging them under the stringent Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act.
The government, on its part, told the court that the Prevention of Terrorism Act (POTA) has been repealed and that it was planning to book Hasan Ali under Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA).
What could create more problems for the stockbroker and Palande is the police's plan to book all the accused under the dreaded Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act ( MCOCA).