They have been taken from the original magnetic tape recordings made at Johnson Space Center, Houston, which have recently been re-digitized to make uncompressed, higher-fidelity audio recordings.
What does MTR stand for?
MTR stands for Magnetic Tape Recording
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MTR
We have 167 other meanings of MTR in our Acronym Attic
- Minimum Transfer Quantity (manufacturing, minimum portion of an operation completed required to trigger the start of the next operation)
- Ministère du Transport du Québec (French: Ministry of Transport of Quebec; Quebec, Canada)
- Museum of Tropical Queensland (Townsville, Qld, Australia)
- Medical Transcription Quality Assurance
- Missouri Team Quality Award
- Methadone Treatment Quality Assurance System
- Miss Tourism Queen International
- Musabaqah Tilawatil Quran Nasional (athletic meet)
- Message Tracking Query Protocol
- Magnetic Tape Recorder
- Magnetization Transfer Ratio
- Majandustegevuse Registrister
- Management Team Review (various locations)
- Mandatory Turn-In Repairable
- Manufacturer's Test Results (oilfield casing)
- Marginal Tax Rate (How the government taxes us in brackets)
- Marine Transportation Related (EPA)
- Maritime Training Response (US FEMA)
- Marubeni Techno Rubber Corporation (Japan)
- Mass Text Replacer (software)
Samples in periodicals archive:
These folks, such as EVP experts Tom and Lisa Butler, authors of ``There Is No Death and There Are No Dead,'' have been listening for years and insist they hear embedded snatches of voices on magnetic tape recordings.
Sony's History on Tape Sony's expertise in magnetic tape recording dates back more than 50 years, when the company marketed the first magnetic tape in Japan.
Sony's History on Tape Sony's expertise in magnetic tape recording dates back more than 50 years to a pioneering tape cartridge based on paper.
The DTF format (Digital Tape Format) is a new generation magnetic tape recording technology that offers high capacity data and archive solutions for the broadband network era.
Rodriguez's speech, "Data Storage on Tape: Four Revolutionary Steps in Magnetic Tape Recording Over the Last 50 Years," will begin at 10:30 a.
18, 2001-- High Density Metal Evaporated Tape and GMR Head Realize 1 Tera Byte Capacity in the 8mm Cassette Form Factor Sony Corporation today announced the development of a next-generation magnetic tape recording technology that offers high-capacity data back up and archive solutions for the broadband network era.
Campbell spent eleven years at various positions within the tape drive business and was recognized by the industry as a leader and innovator in the growth of magnetic tape recording products.