One is that it is the tiny core left behind after a highly magnetic star has died.
What does MAGNETAR stand for?
MAGNETAR stands for Magnetic Star (astronomy)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Multicast and Anycast Group Membership Working Group (IETF)
- Multicultural Association of the Greater Moncton Area (Canada)
- Mid Atlantic Grand National Association
- Magnetic Navigation
- Magnetometer-Based Autonomous Satellite Navigation
- Manufacturing Advocacy and Growth Network
- Maritime Awareness Global Network (USCG)
- Massachusetts Access to Government Network
- Mid-Michigan Area Group Narcotics Enforcement Team
- Multi-Agency Geographic Network (UK)
- Museums and Galleries of Northern Ireland
- Development of European Magneto-Optical Drives
- Magnesium Alloy Graphite Moderated Gas Cooled Uranium Oxide Reactor
- Museum and Art Gallery of the Northern Territory (Darwin, NT, Australia)
- Magazine d'Information sur le Nucléaire (French: Nuclear Information Magazine)
- Migraine Awareness Group: A National Understanding for Migraineurs
- Multi-Service ATM Gateway Node Unified Multiplexing (Sprint)
- Munitions Storage Activities Gained by Negotiations (USAF-ROK) Memorandum of Understanding
- Muslims Against Global Oppression
- MNC (Major Nato Command) Advisory Group on Indentification Matters
Samples in periodicals archive:
Byline: SUE VORENBERG You might not think you have anything in common with the supermassive, high-power magnetic star remnants that astrophysicists call magnetars.
The acting, especially by leads Brad Pitt (Jesse) and Casey Affleck (Ford), is masterful and multifaceted, totally naturalistic yet bursting with magnetic star quality.
Simultaneously, annihilation takes place, often violently, in these and other regions including solar and stellar atmospheres, the boundaries between solar and stellar winds, planetary magnetospheres around strong magnetic stars such as pulsars, and in exploding supernovas.
Romeo is a magnetic star who brings fresh energy to Nick," said Cyma Zarghami, Executive Vice-President and General Manager, Nickelodeon.
The magnetic star power of Union (``Bring It On,'' ``Two Can Play That Game'') and the easy charm of LL Cool J (``Deep Blue Sea,'' ``Kingdom Come,'' ``Any Given Sunday'') combine to salvage a good deal of the project.
The public lecture is being held in conjunction with an exhibition entitled "Sunscapes: Images of our Magnetic Star.
Magnetic star turns by Paul Newman and Robert Redford, as irresistible Wild West outlaws, brighten this turn-of-the-century charmer.