Jiang and his colleagues used a brain imaging technique called magnetic resonance spectroscopy to track acetate uptake and metabolism in the brains of heavy drinkers who consumed at least eight alcohol drinks per week, and compared them to light drinkers who had less than two drinks per week.
What does MRS stand for?
MRS stands for Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MRS
We have 390 other meanings of MRS in our Acronym Attic
- Maligaya Rice Research and Training Center (Philippines)
- Metropolis, Rosenbluth, Rosenbluth, Teller and Teller (Algorithm for Monte Carlo Simulations)
- Ministria e Rregullimit Të Teritorit dhe Turizmit (Albanian: Ministry of Territorial Adjustment and Tourism)
- Maximum Received Reconstructed Unit
- Microfinance Research and Reference Unit (Bangladesh)
- Mceliece-Rodemich-Rumsey-Welch (algorithms)
- Ministry of Rural Resources and Water Development (Zimbabwe)
- Air Marshall Islands (ICAO code)
- de Man, Rogosa and Sharpe Agar (microbiology)
Samples in periodicals archive:
At Saclay I will learn the techniques of magnetic resonance spectroscopy.
A final section describes advanced techniques in detail, among them the care and cleaning of laboratory glassware, filtration, sublimation, gas chromatography, and carbon-13 nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy.
The authors conclude that noninvasive in vivo magnetic resonance spectroscopy measurement of GABA and NAA may prove to be a useful tool for detecting presymptomatic effects of Mn neurotoxicity.
9781439806449 Signal processing in magnetic resonance spectroscopy with biomedical applications.
Using H-nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy and statistical models, researchers sought to identify 'biomarkers' present in erythrocytes to distinguish between women with normal pregnancy and those with PE.
The chemical structure of F29 was determined by X-ray crystallography and nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy (NMR) to be sesamin.
Other imaging modalities exist such as functional MRI (fMRI) and magnetic resonance spectroscopy (MRS).