The project involves SGS inspecting the pipe material and the welds that join each section of this new constructed pipeline on the Jacson 30 pipelay crane vessel, using internal industrial X-Ray crawlers, Ultrasonic Testing and Magnetic Particle inspection.
What does MPI stand for?
MPI stands for Magnetic Particle Inspection
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MPI
We have 340 other meanings of MPI in our Acronym Attic
- Mobile-Pedestrian-Handheld Technology
- N-Methylpyrolidin-2-one Hydrotribromide
- Michigan Public Health Training Center (University of Michigan)
- Moderately Priced Housing Unit
- Matte Paper Heavy Weight (printer paper)
- Medium Pressure Hot Water
- Mathematical Physics (course)
- Master of Physics (UK)
- MAC-PHY Interface (computer networking)
- Magnetic Particle (Powder) Inspection
- Magnetic Peripherals, Incorporated
- Mail Processing Infrastructure (US Postal Service)
- Main Point of Impact (weapons)
- Maintenance Performance Indicator (US Air Force)
- Maitake Products, Inc. (Lyons, CO)
- Major Periodic Inspection (aviation industry)
- Management and Policy Institute (Japan)
- Management Performance Indicator
- Manitoba Public Insurance Corporation
- Mannose phosphate isomerase
Samples in periodicals archive:
moved Magnetic Particle Inspection, Liquid Penetrant Testing and Corrosion Testing to another nearby building to provide room for growth and new equipment.
At the termination of the test the stressed pipe surface is subjected to magnetic particle inspection (MPI) and any indications observed are metallographically examined and classified.
We are equipped to handle excavation, magnetic particle inspection, sandblast, recoat, repair if necessary, backfill, and right-of-way restoration.
Under the Consent Order AAR will perform liquid penetrant inspections for Boeing aircraft landing gear on an on-going basis, as well as the magnetic particle inspections that it already performs.
Its services encompass industrial radiography, ultrasonics, magnetic particle inspection, liquid penetrant inspection and certified welding inspection.
SGS certified NDT personnel are applying ultrasonic testing (UT), magnetic particle inspection (MPI) and visual inspection testing methods in this particular project to monitor component integrity and detect defects before they cause severe damage or result in non-compliance.
LTI's array of testing covers mechanical, chemical, metallurgical, corrosion and the following nondestructive testing services: ultrasonic testing, hydrostatic pressure testing, magnetic particle inspection, liquid penetrant testing, X-ray inspection and visual inspection.