The Social Security Administration (SSA) has announced that Magnetic Media Reporting and Electronic Filing (MMREF) is now mandatory for 2001 tax-year submissions.
What does MMREF stand for?
MMREF stands for Magnetic Media Reporting and Electronic Filing
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Mid-Missouri Radio Control Association (radio control flyers; Columbia, MO)
- Modified Medical Research Council Dyspnea Scale (breathing)
- Mini Moto Racing Club of Ireland
- Maximum Magnitude Rate of Decline (astrophysics)
- Mines and Minerals Regulation and Development (India)
- Minnesota Men's Roller Derby
- Mismatched Related Donor
- Multipurpose Miniaturized Radiac Device
- Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (India)
- Mean Magnitude of Relative Error
- Mobility Management Registration
- Marine Mammal Rescue Foundation
- Marshfield Medical Research Foundation
- Maya Mountain Research Farm (Belize)
- Minneapolis Medical Research Foundation
- Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation
- Music Maker Relief Foundation, Inc. (Durham, NC)
- Marine Mammal Research Group (Macquarie University; Australia)
- Maryland Mapping Resource Guide
- Mickleover Model Railway Group (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Filing over the Internet is available for employers or CPAs who use Social Security's Magnetic Media Reporting and Electronic Filing requirements format.
MMREF, or Magnetic Media Reporting and Electronic Filing, represents a significant departure from the previous Federal government filing process, which required that a paper signature be sent with a disk or magnetic tape.