24-kilometre-long line, which uses urban low- and rural medium-speed magnetic levitation technology, will run east from Shimenying in the Mentougou Ditrict to Pingguoyuan in the neighbouring Shijingshan District.
What does MAGLEV stand for?
MAGLEV stands for Magnetic Levitation
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Mapping and GIS
- Marine Air-Ground Intelligence System
- Megawatt Air-To-Ground Illuminating System
- Mentoring Academic Gifts in Service (Creighton University; Omaha, NE)
- Marine Air Ground Intelligence System Image Analysis Center
- Master of Arts in Global Leadership
- Materiel Acquisition Guidance Letter
- Met5-enkephalin-Arg6-Gly7-Leu8 (molecular structure)
- meters above ground level (birding; aviation)
- Marksmanship and Gunnery Laser Device
- Middle Atlantic-Great Lakes Organized Crime Law Enforcement Network
- Mid-America Gospel Music Association (Farmington, MO)
- Minimal Architecture for Generalized Markup Applications (early name for eXtensible Markup Language, XML)
- Mountain Area Gem and Mineral Association (est. 2000; North Carolina)
- Multicast and Anycast Group Membership Working Group (IETF)
- Multicultural Association of the Greater Moncton Area (Canada)
- Mid Atlantic Grand National Association
- Magnetic Navigation
- Magnetometer-Based Autonomous Satellite Navigation
- Manufacturing Advocacy and Growth Network
Samples in periodicals archive:
95 Hardcover QC754 In this shamelessly entertaining chronicle, Livingston, a former industry physicist and MIT lecturer, narrates the history and science of magnetic levitation in a clear and accessible manner inviting to both veteran and amateur enthusiasts.
Maehara's proposal is part of a renewed push for "economic diplomacy took a test ride on the ultra-fast magnetic levitation train, which hovers 10 centimeters (four inches) above the tracks and in 2003 reached a world record speed of 581 kilometers per hour (361 miles per hour) on a Japanese test track.
China plans to launch a controversial project to extend Shanghai's magnetic levitation train in 2010 after deferring it for years amid radiation concerns, reports by state media said.
The system is based on the transrapid magnetic levitation (maglev) system which floats carriages over a single path, propelled by electro-magnets.
The concept of magnetic levitation -- or maglev -- comes to life in a workspace where visitors assemble Lego contraptions with powerful magnets in place of wheels.
Key words: magnetic levitation system, feedback, nonlinear system, mathematical model.
A high-speed magnetic levitation train travelling at 125 mph crashed in north-western Germany yesterday, killing at least 15 people in the first fatal wreck involving the high-tech system.