A second report revealed a small chip of metallic debris had been found on March 25, thirtyfour flying hours before the accident, on the gearbox magnetic chip detector which is used to attract any bits of metal which can get into the system.
What does MCD stand for?
MCD stands for Magnetic Chip Detector (jet engine)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MCD
We have 298 other meanings of MCD in our Acronym Attic
- Montgomery County Commission for Women (Maryland)
- Madison County Civil War Round Table (Eastern Kentucky University; Richmond, KY)
- Mediated Communication in Collaborative Work and Services (research project; Telematica Institute; Netherlands)
- Media Council for Children and Young People
- Monroe County Children and Youth Services (Pennsylvania)
- Macedonian (linguistics)
- Machine Code Detection
- Machine Control Data
- macular corneal dystrophy
- Mad Cow Disease
- Magnetic Circular Dichroism
- Magnetic Coupling Device
- Main Cabin Door (aviation)
- Main Charge Disruptor
- Main Contractor's Discount (construction)
- Main Contractors Discount
- Managed Care Division
- Management Control Division (Police Internal Affairs)
- Manifold Circuit Design (hydraulic integrated circuit)
- Manipulative Communication Deception
Samples in periodicals archive:
A second report revealed a small chip of metallic debris had been found on March 25, 34 flying hours before the accident, on the gearbox magnetic chip detector which is used to attract any bits of metal which can get into the system.
The JetSCAN([R]) system records the number of particles from the magnetic chip detector or filter, as well as each particle's chemical composition, size and shape.