In May 1998, Calpine entered into a power purchase agreement with Magic Valley Electric Cooperative of Mercedes, Texas, to sell between 250 MW-400 MW of capacity from its proposed 700 MW Magic Valley plant.
What does MVEC stand for?
MVEC stands for Magic Valley Electric Cooperative (Mercedes, TX)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of MVEC
We have 13 other meanings of MVEC in our Acronym Attic
- Museovirasto, Kulttuurihistorian Osasto, Esinekokoelmat (Finnish)
- muvee AutoProducer (file extension)
- Maleic Anhydride DiVinyl Ether Copolymer
- Mesa Valley Education Association (Grand Junction, CO)
- Mississippi Valley Equipment Association (est. 1907; Fenton, MO)
- Missouri Valley Economics Association
- modified video encryption algorithm
- Multifocal Ventricular Ectopic Activity (cardiology)
- Motion Vector Estimate Block
- Motor Vehicle Emissions Budget
- Medium-Voltage Electrostatic Capacitor
- Microvascular Endothelial Cell
- Minnesota Valley Electric Cooperative
- Mon Valley Education Consortium (McKeesport, PA)
- Multiplexed Vehicle Electrical Center
- Miami Valley Educational Computer Association
- Maharishi Vedic Education Development Corporation (est. 1993; Massachusetts)
- Microwave Vacuum Electronic Device
- Minnesota Valley Education District (St. Peter, MN)
- Mothers Via Egg Donation
Samples in periodicals archive:
First Electric Cooperative Corporation * Hawaiian Electric Company * Holland Board of Public Works * Magic Valley Electric Cooperative * Mississippi Power * Modesto Irrigation District (PUD) * Philadelphia Electric Company (PECO) * Progress Energy * Rappahannock Electric Cooperative * Sacramento Municipal Utility District * San Diego Gas & Electric * Santee Cooper - South Carolina Public Service Authority * Snapping Shoals Electric Membership Cooperative * South Central Power Co.
Calpine has sold its output under a variety of power sales agreements ranging from 1-to-20 years to several of the nation's leading wholesale power customers, including Aquila Energy, LG& Energy, Magic Valley Electric Cooperative, the trading arm of PG& Corporation, Reliant Energy-HL& and TXU Electric &Gas.
Calpine recently entered into a 20-year contract to provide electricity to the Magic Valley Electric Cooperative of Mercedes, TX beginning in 2001.
In south Texas, Calpine was recently selected by the Magic Valley Electric Cooperative to enter exclusive negotiations to supply the co-op's electrical needs beginning in 2001 and running through 2021.
As recently announced by the Magic Valley Electric Cooperative, Calpine was short-listed to provide the Mercedes, Texas-based cooperative with 250 megawatts of electricity by 2001.