The institute is also home to the Macular Pigment Research Group (MPRG), which has been carrying out in-depth studies into AMD for the past 10 years at WIT.
What does MPRG stand for?
MPRG stands for Macular Pigment Research Group
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MPRG
We have 7 other meanings of MPRG in our Acronym Attic
- Modular Plasma Reactor Simulator
- Madhesi People's Right Forum
- Major Product Release Features (Lucent)
- Manta Pacific Research Foundation
- Maritime Patrol and Reconnaissance Forces
- Medium Pulse Repetition Frequency
- Monetary Policy Reaction Function (economics)
- Montcalm Potato Research Farm (Michigan State University)
- Motion Picture Relief Fund
- Membrane Potential Related Fluorescence Intensity
- Max-Planck Research Group
- Medieval Pottery Research Group (est. 1975; UK)
- Melbourne Packet Radio Group, Inc.
- Mobile and Portable Radio Research Group
- Mornington Peninsula Regional Gallery (Victoria, Australia)
- Moto Pompe Remorquable Grande Puissance (French: Moto Towable Great Power Pump; fire truck)
- Ministère de la Pêche et des Ressources Halieutiques (French: Ministry for Fish and Fisheries Resources, Algeria)
- Moviendo Personas de Recursos Humanos (Spanish: Moving People Human Resources; Guatemala)
- Missouri Paint Ranch Horse Association
- Murdi Paaki Regional Housing Corporation (Australia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
A new study undertaken by the Macular Pigment Research Group and the Institute of Vision Research, Waterford, Ireland, has shown that appropriate dietary supplements containing the macular pigments can reduce the risk of a patient progressing from early to late stage AMD.
The study has been conducted by leading ophthalmology and vision researchers from the Macular Pigment Research Group at the Waterford Institute of Technology.