MIC-1, a novel macrophage inhibitory cytokine, is a divergent member of theTGF-/3 superfamily.
What does MIC-1 stand for?
MIC-1 stands for Macrophage Inhibitory Cytokine (genes)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Multifiber Indoor Cable
- Multilingual Intake Center (Jersey City Public Schools)
- Multinational Interoperability Council
- Multiple Interface Connection
- Multistage Interference Canceller
- Music Industry Commission (various locations)
- Music Information Centre (Norway)
- Music Institute of Chicago (Chicago, IL)
- Mutual Interference Chart
- MHC Class I Chain Related A
- Mosharaka International Conference on Communications, Propagation and Electronics
- Multistage Interference Cancellation De-Correlating
- Multistage Interference Cancellation with Full Self Interference Cancellation
- Multistage Interference Canceller with Optimal Combining
- Multistage Interference Cancellation with Optimum Combining
- Multistage Interference Canceller with Suboptimal Combining
- Minimum Inhibitory Concentration and Minimum Bactericidal Concentration
- Mobile Integrated Command & Control Post
- Minimum Inhibitory Concentration Reached by 50%
- Minimum Inhibitory Concentration required to inhibit the growth of 50% of organisms
Samples in periodicals archive:
Researchers from Monash University, Victoria, Australia, report that decreased levels of macrophage inhibitory cytokine 1 (MIC1) early in pregnancy are associated with an increased risk of miscarriage.
The propeptide of macrophage inhibitory cytokine (MIC-1), a TGF-[beta] superFamily member, acts as a quality control determinant for correctly folded MIC-1.