Handley also said regulatory boards have been working for a year towards creating a single pipeline regulatory regime in the Mackenzie Valley in line with the requirements of the National Energy Board, the Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency, the Inuvialuit Final Agreement and the Mackenzie Valley Resource Management Act.
What does MVRMA stand for?
MVRMA stands for Mackenzie Valley Resource Management Act (Canada)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MVRMA
- Multicast Virtual Routing Forwarding
- Madison Valley Ranchlands Group
- Medieval Village Research Group (UK)
- Martha's Vineyard Regional High School (Martha's Vineyard, MA)
- Mascoma Valley Regional High School (Canaan, NH)
- Motor Vehicle Repair Industry Association (Australia)
- Motor Vehicle Repair Industry Authority (South Wales, UK)
- Motor Vehicle Repair Industry Council (Australia)
- Miracle Valley Regional Library System (Marshall County, WV)
- Missouri Volunteer Resource Mothers (mentoring program)
- Miami Valley Risk Management Association (Cincinnati-Dayton Area, Ohio)
- Magic Valley Regional Medical Center (Idaho)
- Mountain View Regional Medical Center (various locations)
- Metered Volume Reallocation Notifications (UK)
- Mitral Valve Replacement Operation
- Mission Valley Regional Occupational Program (Fremont, CA)
- Multicast VLAN Registration Protocol
- Miami Valley Regional Planning Commission (Dayton, OH)
- Mountain Valley Regional Rehabilitation Hospital (Prescott Valley, AZ)
- Magic Valley Rehabilitation Services (Twin Falls, ID)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Although the Environmental Assessment Process under the Mackenzie Valley Resource Management Act takes a frustratingly long time, the fact that five Environmental Assessments on various aspects of the Prairie Creek Project have been undertaken by the Review Board, together with an earlier assessment by DIAND under the Canadian Environmental Assessment Act, means that a significant amount of environmental assessment work has now been completed in great detail on the Prairie Creek Project, and with the participation of government agencies, First Nations, non-governmental organizations and involving public meetings and hearings and indeed judicial reviews, and makes Prairie Creek one of the most extensively environmentally studied mining and exploration projects.
Winter Road Permit A favourable Judicial Review decision was handed down in May 2005 by the Supreme Court of the Northwest Territories recognizing the historic undertaking on the winter access road to the Prairie Creek mine from the Liard highway and confirming that the Company's application for a Land Use Permit for use of the winter road is exempt from environmental assessment pursuant to the Mackenzie Valley Resource Management Act.