Federighi has managed the Macintosh operating system team for two years and this summer's release of the latest version of the software, called Lion, should be "seamless," according to, joined Apple in 1997 and has been involved with releases of Tiger, Leopard, and Snow Leopard versions of Macintosh operating software.
What does MACOS stand for?
MACOS stands for Macintosh Operating System
This definition appears very frequently
See other definitions of MACOS
- Missouri Association of Councils Of Government
- Multi-Agency Chief Officer Group (UK)
- Montana Association of Counties Health Care Trust (Helena, Montana)
- Machine Condition Monitoring (UK)
- Major Army Command
- Major Command (US Army)
- Microwave Associates Communications (various locations)
- Multi-Application Computer Module
- Mid-Atlantic Coastal Ocean Observing Regional Association
- Madison Athens-Clarke Oconee Regional Transportation Study (est. 1969; Georgia)
- Modeling of Actively Controlled Optical Systems
- Musicians against the Copyrighting of Samples
- Mauritius Council of Social Service
- Member, Association of Cost Engineers (professional organization)
- Macintosh Operating System X (Apple Computer, Inc.)
- Mechanized and Armor Combat Operations In Vietnam
- Manhole Assessment and Certification Program
- Married Army Couples Program
- Master of Arts in Counseling Psychology (degree)
- Master of the American College of Physicians
Samples in periodicals archive:
Those using the Macintosh operating system can now create and deliver questions in PowerPoint with an add-in module.
In the release, Microsoft Announces Mac OS X Drivers Available for Entire Hardware Line, issued earlier today, we are advised by the company that the fourth graph, second sentence, should read, "The new keyboard driver will work with the Macintosh operating system OS X, versions 10.
Macworld Conference & Expo, a comprehensive tradeshow event for the Macintosh operating system, brings together a diverse base of Macintosh users in creative services, education, entertainment, application development, enterprise and small office/home office environments.
The new Macintosh operating system devices and vice versa, and Garage Band software tailored for tasks such as photo, video, and music editing on Macintosh computers.
The shakeup is the latest blow to the troubled computer company, which has seen its Macintosh sales tumble amid product problems, doubts about the future and worries about a replacement for the aging Macintosh operating system.
As part of its strategy to increase worldwide market share for the Macintosh computing platform, Apple is rolling out a new visual identity for the Macintosh operating system -- now called the Mac OS.
About Apple's Universal Logo Program Applications designed for the Macintosh operating system (Mac OS X) that run natively on both Power PC- and Intel-based Macintosh computers are called Universal applications.