By November 24, 2015, all handwritten passports need to be converted to machine-readable passports as per the deadline set by the International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO), which is phasing out all non-MRPs.
What does MRP stand for?
MRP stands for Machine-Readable Passport
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of MRP
We have 335 other meanings of MRP in our Acronym Attic
- Money Laundering Reporting Office
- Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District
- Mobile Read-Only Transaction
- Maintenance Repair and Overhaul Technology Center (Tinker Air Force Base, OK)
- Multi Reflector Operating Theatre Lamp
- Marine Radio Operators VHF (Very High Frequency) Certificate of Proficiency
- Munich R Oldenbourg Verlag GmbH (German; scientific publication)
- Multiple Reader One Writer (code)
- Machine Reading Program (Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency; US DoD)
- Machine Repair Problem
- Maintenance Real Property
- Maintenance Recovery Period
- Maintenance Repair Procedure/Part
- Major Research Paper (various universities)
- Mammal Research Program (various organizations)
- Manager for Registration and Practice
- Mañana Resultará Peor (Spanish: Tomorrow it Will Be Worse)
- Mandatory Replacement Part (US DoD)
- Mandela Rhodes Place (hotel; South Africa)
- Manpower Requirement Program
Samples in periodicals archive:
Thousands of Indian expatriates in the UAE holding manual passports will have to change them to machine-readable passports (MRPs) before November 2015.
The Indian Embassy has asked citizens living in the Kingdom to have machine-readable passports issued as soon as possible.
Expressing its displeasure over DG-passport Wajid Bukhari's briefing that only 18 out of these 30 machines installed for facilitating overseas Pakistanis with machine-readable passports were not functioning properly, the committee summoned further details within next fortnight.
They walk through to kiosks where they show their machine-readable passports with a bar-coded sticker, put their fingers on a glass panel to scan their fingerprints, tap a computer screen to make a customs declaration, and proceed to the exit.
The new machine-readable passport (MRP) that has 64 pages in it comes with a new design and was unveiled by Assistant Undersecretary of the General Directorate of Naturalisation and Residency and Ports, Major-General Nasser Al Awadi Al Minhali,at the ministry.
The technology will allow customers with machine-readable passports or ID cards to check-in more quickly.
When staff were quizzed about entry requirements for US immigration they were told nothing about machine-readable passports, say the friends.