Tweed and McDaniel developed a heat-shrinkable PLA film with little or no (0% to 5%) shrinkage in the machine direction.
What does MD stand for?
MD stands for Machine Direction
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MD
We have 294 other meanings of MD in our Acronym Attic
- Many Center Zero Differential Overlap
- Mini Club Zuid Holland (Netherlands)
- Massachusetts Coastal Zone Management
- Minimum When Control Zone Effective
- Mazowieckie Centrum Zdrowia Publicznego (Polish: Warsaw Center for Public Health)
- Moto Club Zone Rouge (French: Motor Club Red Zone)
- Medical College of Zhengzhou (China)
- Air Madagascar (IATA airline code)
- Duration Magnitude (US Geological Survey; used to compute earthquake size based on shake time)
- Machine Dependent
Samples in periodicals archive:
Machine direction shrink with the contoured beauty of a sleeve.
The fibrous web has a machine direction and a cross machine direction defining an MD-CD plane.
The closed loop AC Flux Vector drive system maintains the selected speed ratio between the two rolls, allowing the film to be oriented in the machine direction to the exact degree required, according to the company.
The second step is to orient the film uniaxially in the machine direction.
Higher value grades require a forming fabric with excellent support for fibers aligned in the machine direction (MD).
The knife makes a spiral cut because the groove is at a 20% angle to the machine direction.
2] for samples tested in the machine direction (the transverse direction samples displayed an increase of 20 N/[mm.