Idel argues that it was davqa' the Maimonidean rationalist rereading of Ma'aseh Merkavah and Ma'aseh Bere'shit--radical departures from rabbinic viewpoints--that forced kabbalah out of its esoteric stance into a more public discourse.
What does MM stand for?
MM stands for Ma'aseh Merkavah (divine chariot in Jewish mysticism)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of MM
We have 165 other meanings of MM in our Acronym Attic
- Madison Lakes Yacht Club (Wisconsin)
- Ministry of Labour, Youth Development and Sports (Tanzania)
- Me Love You Long Time
- Ministry of Labour, Youth and Sports (Tanzania)
- Mother Lode Youth Symphony (San Andreas, CA)
- Major League Zombies (gaming clan)
- Moore Laboratory of Zoology (Occidental College; Los Angeles, CA)
- 2-digit Month (as in MM/DD/YYYY)
- Directorate for Materiel Management
- Eminem (aka Marshall Mathers)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Sometimes the same prayer is found in both the now-standard rabbinic liturgy and in Ma'aseh Merkavah.