Global DNA methylation, DNMT1, and MBD2 in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus.
What does MIZF stand for?
MIZF stands for MBD2 (methyl-CpG binding domain protein 2)-Interacting Zinc Finger
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Multiple Intelligential Yggdrasil Unit (anime)
- Make It Yourself With Wool (American Sheep Industry Association)
- Manoel Island Yacht Yard (Philippines)
- Marginal Ice Zone
- Metropolitan Influenced Zone (statistical classification; Canada)
- Mobile-Immobile-Zone (physical partitioning model)
- Multipoint Indicate Zero-Communication
- Museum and Institute of Zoology (Poland)
- Musikinformationszentrum (German: German Music Information Center)
- Marginal Ice Zone Experiment
Samples in periodicals archive:
RESEARCH into a gene called MBD2 could lead to new treatments for colon cancer, after experts discovered that switching it off prevents tumours from forming.
The EpiMark Methylated DNA Enrichment Kit incorporates the methyl-CpG binding domain of human MBD2, fused to the Fc tail of human IgG1.
Although bowel cancer cells need the gene - known as MBD2 - if they are to grow, removing it does not harm normal cells.