The calculated energy gap between the highest occupied molecular orbital and the lowest unoccupied molecular orbital states for the 102-atom compound was significant--0.
What does LUMO stand for?
LUMO stands for Lowest Unoccupied Molecular Orbital
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
We have 3 other meanings of LUMO in our Acronym Attic
- Loyola University Medical Education Network
- Libera Università Manageriale Europea di Studi
- Lightweight Utility Mobility Enhancement System
- Lund University Masters in Environmental Science (Lund, Sweden)
- Liaquat University of Medical and Health Sciences (Jamshoro, Pakistan)
- Luminescence Log (oil production)
- Land Use Management Information System
- Leicester University Medics Islamic Society
- Logical and Uncertainty Models for Information Systems
- Lund University Medical Laser Centre (Lund, Sweden)
- (n + 1)st/Nd/Rd/Th Lowest Unoccupied Molecular Orbital (molecular orbital theory)
- Land Use Management Plan
- Land Use Mitigation Program
- Leeds University Maths Prayer (Group)
- Life Usage Model Program
- Limited Use Military Person (military slang)
- Location-to-URL (Uniform Resource Locator) Mapping Protocol
- Lawton Undergraduate Minority Retention Grant (University of Wisconsin)
- Lahore University of Management Sciences (Lahore, Pakistan)
- Lancaster University Management School (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
A low density of defect states within the highest occupied molecular orbital to lowest unoccupied molecular orbital (HOMO-LUMO) gap of poly(3-hexylthiophene) (P3HT) has been observed [2, 3].
V]), dipole moment, total energy, polarizability, and differences between the highest occupied molecular orbital and the lowest unoccupied molecular orbital (HOMO-LUMO gap).