Phase 3 data presented at European Association of Urology Congress INDIANAPOLIS, March 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Eli Lilly and Company (NYSE: LLY) presented results today at the annual European Association of Urology (EAU) Congress in Milan, Italy, of a study that showed Cialis 5 mg once daily co-administered with finasteride significantly improved scores on the International Prostate Symptom Score (IPSS), compared to placebo/finasteride, in men with lower urinary tract symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia (LUTS/BPH) and enlarged prostates.
What does LUTS stand for?
LUTS stands for Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of LUTS
- Lincoln Unit Trust Managers (Gloucester, UK)
- Lagos Urban Transport Project
- Land Use and Transportation Plan (Morrisville, NC)
- Land Use and Transport Research (EU)
- Land Use and Transportation
- Land Use, Transportation and Air Quality Connection (Oregon)
- Land Use and Transportation Study (Cork, Ireland infrastructural study)
- Light Units of Times Square
- Locked-Up Trunk Scan (telecommunications)
- Lower Urinary Tract Symptomatology
- Leuvense Universitaire Tandheelkundige Vereniging (Dutch: Leuven University Dental Society; Belgium)
- Light Up the World (charitable foundation)
- Leeds University Union (UK)
- Leeds University Union Canoe Club (UK)
- Leeds University Union Christian Union
- Linux Unix User Group
- Log Unification Unique ID
- Leeds University Union Music Society
- Linux/Unix Usergroup Sankt Augustin (Germany)
- Leeds University Union Scout and Guide Society
Samples in periodicals archive:
Author(s): Claus Roehrborn, MD, FACS Lower urinary tract symptoms (LUTS) are very common in men, with an increase in prevalence correlating with increasing age in a linear manner.
Lower urinary tract symptoms and male sexual dysfunction: the multinational survey of the aging male (MSAM-7).
Washington, Aug 6 (ANI): A new study has found that a modest weight loss could improve erectile function and sexual desire, and lower urinary tract symptoms in obese men with type 2 diabetes.
Patients usually presented with irritative lower urinary tract symptoms and gross haematuria.
Lower urinary tract symptoms (LUTS)--like urgency, frequency, or an intermittent, weak urine stream--are common in older men and may be signs of an enlarged prostate.
It is associated with bothersome lower urinary tract symptoms which prove detrimental to the quality of life for both the effected men and their partners.
 Furthermore, a community-based study by Parsons et al in 5,872 men aged 65 years or above, showed that in adults with moderate or severe lower urinary tract symptoms (LUTS), the risk of having at least two falls significantly increased when compared to those with mild LUTS symptoms.