Meanwhile 31% of the Lower Super Output Areas (LSOAs) in Neath Port Talbot fall within the 20% of most-deprived in the country, but it still ranks sixth out of 22 local authorities on the UK Peace Index in Wales.
What does LSOA stand for?
LSOA stands for Lower Super Output Area
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of LSOA
We have 4 other meanings of LSOA in our Acronym Attic
- Lone Star Overnight (Austin, TX)
- Longwood Symphony Orchestra (Brookline, MA)
- Lovaniensis Scientificus Ordo (Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium)
- Lubbock Symphony Orchestra (Lubbock, TX)
- Lumbar Sacral Orthosis
- Lutetium Oxyorthosilicate (chemistry)
- Leaving Scene of an Accident (law enforcement)
- Lingerie Shops of America (Phoenix, AZ)
- Local Service Ordering Administration
- Longitudinal Study of Aging
- Lifting Shadows Off A Dream (blog)
- Landon State Office Building (Topeka, KS)
- Lighter Shade of Brown (Latin rap)
- Loyal Sons of Benagh (parade band)
- Lucky Sons of Bitches
- Laboratory of Synthetic Organic Chemistry (Ruder Boškovic Institute; Croatia)
- LandWarNet Support Operations Center
- Lebanon Symphony Orchestra and Chorus (est. 1998)
- Legal Segregation with Operational Commingling (US Commodity Futures Trading Commission)
- Life Skills of Orange County
Samples in periodicals archive:
Liverpool has a significantly higher proportion of its small areas, known as Lower Super Output Areas (LSOAs), with the highest levels of deprivation than any other major city.
Liverpool has a significantly higher proportion of its small areas, known as Lower Super Output Areas (LSOAs), with higher levels of deprivation than any other city in the country.
An analysis of indicators used to build the Welsh Index of Multiple Deprivation shows that the percentage of the population who have been convicted of a crime has increased in more than half of the nation's Lower Super Output Areas (LSOAs).
4m for its Communities First Partnerships, the lower super output areas (LSOA) and central support team.
More than half the Lower Super Output Areas (LSOAs) in Wales - which each contain around 1,000 people - have seen an increase in the percentage of the population who have been convicted of a crime and burglary rates have risen in 40% of them.
45m will be shared by four organisations tasked with developing community programmes in Cardiff's 17 pockets of deprivation, known in council jargon as a Lower Super Output Area (LSOA).
Of those lower super output areas that were in the most deprived 10% last time, 23 have improved enough to get out of the lowest group.