The Lower Mississippi Alluvial Valley is the nation's largest watershed, covering approximately 25 million acres in Louisiana, Mississippi, Arkansas, Kentucky, Tennessee, Missouri and Illinois.
What does LMAV stand for?
LMAV stands for Lower Mississippi Alluvial Valley
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of LMAV
We have 1 other meaning of LMAV in our Acronym Attic
- Leukocyte Migration Agarose Technique
- Leukocyte Migration Agarose Test
- Livestock Marketing Association of Texas
- Lockheed Martin Advanced Technology Center
- Lockheed Martin Advanced Technology Development Labs
- Lichtmatroos (Dutch)
- Lockheed Martin Alenia Tactical Transport Systems
- Limestone Medical Aid Unit (Wilmington, DE)
- Lawson Mid-America User Group
- Laser Maverick
- League of Mexican American Women (Fresno, CA)
- Leonard Metal Art Works Inc. (New York)
- Landelijke Meldkamer Ambulance Zorg (Dutch: Rural Ambulance Dispatch Care)
- Lake Murray Boulevard (California)
- Land of Medicine Buddha (Buddha-Dharma Center)
- Large-Mouth Bass
- Latin Music Booking
- League of Michigan Bicyclists (Lansing, MI)
- Leave Me Be
- Lee Myung-bak (South Korean president)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Known as the Lower Mississippi Alluvial Valley, the region was once covered in dense forests, but now supports less than 20 percent of its original 22 million forested acres.
Huffstatler has been instrumental in the development and implementation of wetland conservation programs designed to reverse wetland losses and restore important hydrological aspects of converted wetlands in the Lower Mississippi Alluvial Valley.
org, a non-profit organization dedicated to finding solutions to climate change, Volkswagen plans to reforest land in the Lower Mississippi Alluvial Valley (LMAV) in Northern Louisiana, a wetland ecosystem that had been largely converted to farmland.