This development--made possible with a low-temperature scanning tunneling microscope at Tufts, one of only about 100 in the US--may be the first step toward a new class of devices that could be used in applications ranging from medicine to engineering.
What does LTSTM stand for?
LTSTM stands for Low-Temperature Scanning Tunneling Microscope
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Lake Tahoe South Shore Chamber of Commerce (Nevada)
- Long Term Skills Shortage List (New Zealand Immigration Department)
- Link Training and Status State Machine
- Long-Term Sample Storage Module
- Long Term Supportive Services Project (San Mateo, CA)
- Long-Term System Support Program (Konsberg Maritime; various locations)
- Literacy Through Skill Training
- Local Target Statistical Track
- Local Transportation Sales Tax (California)
- Local True Solar Time
- Learning and Teaching Support Unit (program at multiple universities)
- Long Term Segregation Unit (Pennsylvania)
- London Transport Service Vehicles (UK)
- Lucerne Transient Streak Virus (virology)
- Long Term Social Visit Pass (Singapore)
- Long Term Sustained Yield
- Long-Term Sustained Yield Capacity
- Lake Temiskaming Structural Zone (diamond mining area; Ontario, Canada)
- Large Thrust Slice Zone (geology)
- Beryllium Lymphocyte Transformation Test (also seen as BELT and BeLPT)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Elrod have developed a low-temperature scanning tunneling microscope.
These molecule cascades are currently assembled by moving one molecule at a time using an ultra-high-vacuum, low-temperature scanning tunneling microscope (STM).