The chemical binder used by the foundry to produce cores and molds for the low-melting-point alloys does not burn out during the casting process, with the result that the sand to be processed existed in large, hard chunks.
What does LMPA stand for?
LMPA stands for Low-Melting-Point Alloy
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of LMPA
We have 3 other meanings of LMPA in our Acronym Attic
- Low Molecular Protein 2
- Low Molecular-Weight Protein 2
- Low Molecular Weight Protein 2/7
- Latent Membrane Protein 2A
- Large Multifunctional Protease 7
- Laboratoire de Mathématiques Pures et Appliquées (French: Laboratory of Pure and Applied Mathematics)
- Labour Market Partnership Agreement (Canada)
- Lateral Medullary Pressor Area (neurology)
- Licentiate of the Master Photographers Association
- Local Model Parameter Adjustment (radiation)
- Lake Macquarie Performing Arts Centre (Australia)
- Laughing My Pretty Ass Off
- Lithium-Metal-Polymer Battery
- Lyttelton Manor Pipe Band (est. 2002; Zambia)
- Longest-Matching Prefix Binary-Tree on Binary-Tree
- Labor-Management Partnership Council (various organizations)
- Laser Microdissection and Pressure Catapulting
- Le Mans Prototype Challenge (auto race)
- Lima Memorial Professional Corporation (Lima Memorial Health System; Lima, OH)
- Linear Model Predictive Controllers (various locations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Developed by Sachs, Tony Auerbach, James Neil and Rich McGarrigle, the heater is made out of an open-tipped cylindrical glass pipette filled with a low-melting-point alloy of indium and bismuth.