Hyperlipidemia, with high low-density lipoprotein cholesterol and triglycerides, and low high-density lipoprotein cholesterol levels (<40 mg/dL in men and <45 mg/dL in women), is a known major cardiovascular risk factor.
What does cLDL stand for?
cLDL stands for Low-Density Lipoprotein Cholesterol (more commonly seen as LDL)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
We have 2 other meanings of cLDL in our Acronym Attic
- Competitive Level Documentation Form (Washington, DC)
- Centre Littoral De Geophysique (French: Central Coast of Geophysics)
- Cloud Scene Generator
- Central Luzon Doctor's Hospital-Educational Institution (Philippines)
- Cabinet Lafon-Dubosc Immobilier (French real estate company)
- Cement Lined Ductile Iron (pipes)
- Chronic Lung Disease of Infancy
- Church Leadership Development International (The Woodlands, TX)
- Cement Lined Duct Iron Pipe
- Case Law Divergence from the Federal Rules of Evidence (database)
- Common Logical Data Model
- Communications Logical Data Model (NCR-Teradata)
- Calling Line Directory Number
- Canadian Lightning Detection Network (est. 1998; Environment Canada)
- Chronic Lung Disease of the Newborn (pediatrics)
- Claudin (gene family)
- Community Learning Disability Nurses (UK)
- Closed-Loop Delayed Neutron Monitoring System
- Congenital Lacrimal Duct Obstruction
- CECOM Leader Development Program
Samples in periodicals archive:
Offering combined monitoring of patients long-term glucose control and key blood lipids levels (high-density and low-density lipoprotein cholesterol, as well as triglycerides), cobas b 101 system measures two major indicators that aid in the diagnosis of metabolic syndrome.
Association of high-density lipoprotein cholesterol with incident cardiovascular events in women, by low-density lipoprotein cholesterol and apolipoprotein B100 Levels: a cohort study.
Concentrations of low-density lipoprotein cholesterol went up in line with sugar consumption in women, but not in men.
Study leader Dr ZhenYu Chen, from the Chinese University of Hong Kong, said: "Total cholesterol, low-density lipoprotein cholesterol (LDL), and the heart-healthy highdensity lipoprotein cholesterol (HDL) are still important health issues.
Study leader Dr Zhen-Yu Chen, from the Chinese University of Hong Kong, said: "Total cholesterol, low-density lipoprotein cholesterol (LDL), and the heart-healthy high-density lipoprotein cholesterol (HDL) are still important health issues.
LDL * This is the low-density lipoprotein cholesterol.
Developed from plant sterols, a plant-based compound which helps to lower low-density lipoprotein cholesterol, the all-natural ingredients have been proven to lower cholesterol by up to 15%.