By Thursday, a marked low pressure system (1008 mB) covered the whole interior of southern Africa.
What does LPS stand for?
LPS stands for Low Pressure System
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of LPS
We have 296 other meanings of LPS in our Acronym Attic
- Loss Prevention Supervisor
- Loss Prevention System
- Lotus Professional Services
- Louisiana Pathology Society
- Low Performing State (National Rural Health Mission; India)
- Low Power Schottky
- Low Pressure Side
- Low Pressure Sodium (lighting)
- Low Pressure Steam
- Low Pressure Switching
- Loyang Primary School (Singapore)
- Luther Preparatory School (Watertown, WI)
- Physical Society of the Republic of Lithuania
- Legionella Pneumophila Serogroup 1 (bacteria)
- Ladies Professional Shogi-Players' Association of Japan (board game)
- Liberal Party of South Africa (est. 1953)
- Liechtenstein Pen Spinning Association (juggling)
- Linear Physical Systems Analysis (Swarthmore College; Swarthmore, PA)
- Livingston Parish Soccer Association (Louisiana)
- Local Peace and Security Assembly (Philippines)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Muscat: A low pressure system affecting Oman is likely to bring in rains in different parts of the country, according to the Directorate General of Meteorology and Air Navigation (DGMAN).
Five days of rains triggered by a low pressure system wreaked havoc in several parts of the region.
WELL, after a fairly brief taste of summer, our weather has deteriorated yet again with low pressure systems moving relentlessly in from the Atlantic.
The Miami-based hurricane center said the low pressure system was producing winds of near-tropical storm strength in some areas.
Al Ain After causing heavy rain nationwide over the last few days, a low pressure system is expected to weaken today, bringing sunny weather from tomorrow, weathermen said.
Forecasters said a deep low pressure system was to blame for the current unsettled weather.
He said yesterday: "As we head into the weekend and next week, a low pressure system will provide much of the UK with a heightened risk of thunderstorms.