Cyber-criminals have also recently developed an update to the Low Orbit Ion Cannon (LOIC), anopen sourcenetwork stress testing anddenial-of-service attackapplication, written inC#.
What does LOIC stand for?
LOIC stands for Low Orbit Ion Cannon
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of LOIC
- Loyal Orange Institution (religious group)
- Lunar Orbit Insertion
- Late-Onset Intractable Asthma (immunology)
- Letter of Intent to Award (bids)
- Lubelska Okregowa Izba Aptekarska (Polish: Lublin Regional Chamber of Aptekarska)
- Law of International Armed Conflict
- Laboratory of International Communications (Japan)
- Little Ocmulgee Instructional Center (Helena, GA)
- Logistics Organization Integration Committee
- London Organ Improvisation Course (UK)
- Linked Operational Intelligence Centers Europe
- Length of Intensive Care Unit
- Land-Ocean Interactions in the Coastal Zone
- Legion Object Identifier
- Lower Ouse Internal Drainage Board (UK)
- Links of Immediate Interest
- Lakshmi Overseas Industries Ltd. (India)
- Laser, Optics and Instrumentation Laboratory (Florida Institute of Technology)
- Laxmi Organic Industries Ltd. (India)
- Logical Observation Identifiers, Names and Codes
Samples in periodicals archive:
According to the indictment, Poe used a software tool favored by Anonymous hackers: a Low Orbit Ion Cannon, which can send massive numbers of "packets" or requests in an attempt to overwhelm a target computer.
The Low Orbit Ion Cannon is a piece of software that can target a web site but it has to be run by a user helping mount a DDoS.