DENVER, March 2 /PRNewswire/ -- The German Weather Service (DWD) has signed a contract with Selex Systems Integration GmbH to deliver a Low Level Wind Shear Alert System (LLWAS) for the Frankfurt and Munich, Germany airports.
What does LLWS stand for?
LLWS stands for Low Level Wind Shear (meteorology)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of LLWS
We have 2 other meanings of LLWS in our Acronym Attic
- Love Life Work Passion
- Low-Level Waste Policy Act
- Low-Level Waste Policy Amendment Act 1984
- Low-Level Waste Processing and Shipping System
- Low Level Waste Quality Assurance Program Plan
- League of Lebanese Woman's Rights
- Least Limiting Water Range (soil science)
- Lifelong Learning Wales Record
- Low Level Waste Repository (UK site for disposal of low-level radioactive waste near Drigg, Cumbria)
- Little League World Series
- LucidLink Wireless Security (Interlink)
- Low - Level Wind Shear Alert System
- Low-Level Waste Storage/Disposal Record
- Low-Level Waste Treatment Facility
- Lawrence League of Women Voters (New Jersey)
- Lifelong Learning Excellence, Inc (Eugene, Oregon)
- London Lindy Exchange (UK)
- Louisiana Land and Exploration Company
- Eli Lilly & Company (stock symbol)
- Mount Holly, NJ, USA - Mt Holly (Airport Code)
Samples in periodicals archive:
One of the company's key products and services includes their proprietary software and hardware for Low Level Wind Shear Alert Systems.
ITWS achieves this through fusion of data and information from FAA and National Weather Service (NWS) sensors, such as the terminal doppler weather radar, the next generation weather radar (NEXRAD), airport surveillance radar, low level wind shear alert system, automated weather and surface observing systems, lightning detection systems, NWS weather models and aircraft via the meteorological data collection and reporting system.