As part of its renewable or emissions-free energy portfolio, TransCanada also owns, operates or has an interest in: New England s largest wind farm the Kibby Wind Project; Thirteen hydro-electric facilities in New Hampshire, Massachusetts and Vermont (nine have already received Low Impact Hydropower Institute certification); Bruce Power - one of the world s largest nuclear sites and is the source of roughly 25 per cent of Ontario s electricity; Solar - TransCanada will acquire nine solar projects in Ontario which are expected to come into service through 2014 Today, more than one-third of TransCanada's power portfolio comes from renewable or emissions-free energy sources.
What does LIHI stand for?
LIHI stands for Low Impact Hydropower Institute
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of LIHI
We have 1 other meaning of LIHI in our Acronym Attic
- Liverpool Institute of Higher Education (Liverpool Hope University; Liverpool, England, UK)
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (US Department of Health and Human Services)
- Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Act
- Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program
- Low Income Housing Fund
- Living with Heart Failure Questionnaire
- Ligue Internationale de Hockey sur Glace
- Leeds Irish Health and Homes
- Lopez Island Hospice and Home Support (Washington)
- Low Income Housing Institute (Seattle, WA)
- Long Island Head Injury Association
- Long Island Historical Journal
- Long Island Health Network (New York)
- Lincoln Home National Historic Site (US National Park Service)
- Let It Happen on Purpose
- Leeward Islands Hurricane Protection (Antigua and Barbuda)
- Long Island Housing Partnership (New York)
- Low-Income Housing Preservation Program
- Low-Income Housing Preservation and Resident Homeownership Act of 1991
Samples in periodicals archive:
All of AP&T's hydroelectric projects have received low-impact certification from the Low Impact Hydropower Institute (LIHI), except Black Bear Lake (because of its age).
With the new structure and restoration of fish passage on the Deschutes, the Pelton Round Butte hydro project has been certified by the Low Impact Hydropower Institute as a source of green energy.