et al, Surgical Ductal Closure Increases Early Mortality and Morbidity after Modified Blalock-Taussig Shunt in Neonates with Pulmonary Atresia Amount of Vasoactive Drugs Helps Predict Early Outcomes after Infant Heart Surgery In evaluating early clinical outcomes following neonatal heart surgery, clinicians have used two markers: low cardiac output syndrome (LCOS) and maximum vasoactive inotropic score (VIS).
What does LCOS stand for?
LCOS stands for Low Cardiac Output Syndrome
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of LCOS
We have 11 other meanings of LCOS in our Acronym Attic
- Liquid-Core Optical Ring Resonator
- Leadership Conference of Regional Teens (4-H)
- Lead Computing Optical Sight (military)
- Licensed Comercial Operating System
- Limiting Conditions for Operations Specification
- Lincoln County On-Stage
- Linear Combination of Order Statistics
- Liquid-Crystal-on-Silicon (display technology)
- London Conference on Overseas Students
- Lost Channel Observing Site
- Lutheran Church of Our Savior
- Lycos, Inc. (stock symbol)
- Limited Contingent of Soviet Forces
- Lost Coaster of Superstition Mountain (Indiana Beach park; Monticello, IN)
- Lead Computing Optical Sight System
- Lunar Crater Observation and Sensing Satellite (US NASA)
- Large Capacity Output Tray (printer component; Ricoh Corporation)
- Leeds College of Technology (Leeds, UK)
- Literacy Council of Tyler (Tyler, TX)
- Local Committee on Terrorism (Washington)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Predictors of low cardiac output syndrome after coronary artery bypass.
Our clinical trial report, Low Cardiac Output Syndrome Global Clinical Trials Review, H1, 2013" provides data on the Low Cardiac Output Syndrome clinical trial scenario.
Global Markets Direct's, 'Low Cardiac Output Syndrome - Pipeline Review, H2 2011', provides an overview of the Low Cardiac Output Syndrome therapeutic pipeline.
This $20M to $40M funding will enable the company to advance potential therapeutics for cardiovascular disease (initially for low cardiac output syndrome, or heart stunning), diabetes, Alzheimer's Disease, and possibly prostate cancer or breast cancer.
Shook, Divisional President of ABIOMED's Cardiovascular subsidiary remarked, "The inclusion of these indications for use should accelerate the acceptance of the BVS-5000 as the standard of care for temporary circulatory support of patients with low cardiac output syndrome.