Jeffrey Dello Russo has performed an eye vision surgery on a man who is struggling with a progressive Lou Gehrig's disease and who is no longer able to handle his contact lenses.
What does LGD stand for?
LGD stands for Lou Gehrig's Disease (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of LGD
We have 31 other meanings of LGD in our Acronym Attic
- La Grande, OR, USA (Airport Code)
- Laboratory of Genomic Diversity
- Landing Gear Division (Goodrich)
- Lead Guitarist Disease
- Leaderless Group Discussion (problem solving methodology)
- Livestock Guardian Dog
- Local Government Department (various locations)
- Local Government District
- Looking Glass Design (various organizations)
- Loss Given Default
- Low-Grade Dysplasia (abnormal cells, such as those found when doing a biopsy)
- La Guerra Del Anillo (Spanish: War of the Ring)
- Lawn and Garden Dealers Association (est. 1986)
- Lietuvos Grafinio Dizaino Asociacija (Lithuanian: Lithuanian Graphic Design Association; Lithuania)
- Lifestyle Garden Design Association (South Africa)
- Louisiana Game Developers Association
- Louisville Graphic Design Association (est. 1989; Louisville, KY)
- Linux Game Development Center (website)
- Large Grain Data Flow
- Lesbian Gay Dance Festival (est. 1996; San Francisco, CA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Lou Gehrig's disease cut short the career of a baseball icon and has cut short the lives of thousands since.
Incarcerated for the past ten years at Lakeland Correctional Facility in Coldwater, Michigan, Jack Kevorkian is scheduled to be paroled in June 2007 after promising not to assist in any more suicides, q-he American Humanist Association's 1994 Humanist Hero--now age seventy-eight, frail, and reportedly with less than a year to live--had assisted over 130 people to die with dignity before being sentenced to ten to twenty-five years for the 1998 poisoning of Thomas Youk, who suffered from Lou Gehrig's disease.
Dogs Go to Bat Against Lou Gehrig's Disease examines how veterinary researchers are studying a canine model of ALS using dogs afflicted with a genetically related disease called degenerative myelopathy (DM) in order to help find a cure for both diseases.
With great insight to the nuances of this ailment, "River of Hope" is a compelling biography and especially recommended for anyone with a family member with Lou Gehrig's disease or who are themselves afflicted.
When Calabasas High lost junior varsity basketball coach Ernie Wallengrin to Lou Gehrig's disease this year, the school and its surrounding community pledged to do something to help find a cure.
The ALS Association is the only national not-for-profit health agency dedicated solely to the fight against Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS), more commonly known as Lou Gehrig's disease.
He died Saturday after battling Lou Gehrig's disease for almost three years.