According to the NHTSA, fracture of the corroded arm is likely to cause a loss of vehicle control, possibly leading to an accident.
What does LOV stand for?
LOV stands for Loss of Vehicle (space travel)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of LOV
We have 26 other meanings of LOV in our Acronym Attic
- Letter of Verification
- Leuvense Oldtimer Vrienden (Dutch: Leuven Oldtimer Friends; automobile club; Leuven, Belgium)
- Library of Virginia (Richmond, VA)
- Light-Oxygen-Voltage Sensing Domain (protein sensors)
- Limit of Validity (aviation)
- Line of Visibility
- Linked Open Vocabularies
- List of Values
- Los Osos Valley (California)
- Loss of Value
- Lower Ottawa Valley (Canada)
- Monclova, Coahuila, Mexico - Monclova Airport (Airport Code)
- Locally Owned Value Added (agriculture)
- Longstanding Overt Ventriculomegaly in Adults
- Low-Vulnerability Ammunition
- Landelijke Organisatie Van Aspirant Huisartsen (Dutch: National Organization of Prospective General Practitioners)
- Life Options, Vocational and Resource Center (Lompoc, California)
- Little Okaw Valley Conference (Illinois)
- Loss of Valid Communication
- Loss of Vehicle and Crew (space shuttle)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Worn out tires cannot grip the road properly, increase stopping distances and can contribute to skidding or loss of vehicle control.
A speaker allows drivers to continue to communicate with their HQs in the event of an accident and loss of vehicle power.
In just three months, the Road Haulage Association reported that the combined loss of vehicles reported stolen nationwide was in excess of pounds 26m and that the violent hijacking of vehicles was on the increase.
The punishment, of course, would have to be the ultimate penalty and that is loss of licence and loss of vehicle.
These tests will identify [strikes] that result in component failures that may lead to loss of vehicle and crew.
Faced with a large outcry from cities and counties and the threat to public safety, Schwarzenegger found money to make up for the loss of vehicle license fee funds to the local governments in the current fiscal year.
Operating a vehicle with substantially underinflated tires can result in a tire failure, such as blowouts, with the potential for a loss of vehicle control.