In addition, in the event of a loss of offsite power, plants are designed to safely shut down.
What does LOSP stand for?
LOSP stands for Loss of Offsite Power (nuclear power)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of LOSP
We have 9 other meanings of LOSP in our Acronym Attic
- Lake Ontario-St. Lawrence Study Board (US and Canada)
- Life, Or Something Like It (movie)
- Lake Ontario-St. Lawrence River Study (Canada)
- Line of Sight with Local Scatterers
- Ladies of the Oriental Shrine of North America
- Learning on the Stage of Life (international crises aid group)
- Longitudinal Study of Ocular Leprosy
- Lake Ontario State Parkway (New York)
- Lauksaimnieku Organizaciju Sadarbibas Padome (Latvian Agricultural Organisations)
- Light Organic Solvent Preservation (anti-termite timber treatment)
- Loss of System Pressure
- Low Speed
- Lube Oil Service Pump
- Lake Ontario Sportfishing Promotion Council
- Basic Law on Suffrage and Political Participation (Venezuela)
- Listening Only Speech Quality
- Loss of Signal Quality
- Library for Optical Systems Raytracing (now Library for Lens System Ray Tracing; physics)
- Lake Oroville State Recreation Area
- Lower Sunbury Residents' Association (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
for Unit 2 due to a loss of offsite power for longer than 15 minutes.
Executive Summary Pilgrim Inspection Report 93-06 Plant Operations: As was noted in NRC Inspection Report 50-293/93-05, immediate operator actions in response to the March 13, 1993, turbine generator load reject and partial loss of offsite power event were excellent.