Kellick said he discovered his love for tall ships when he saw one in Long Beach in 1994 and decided to volunteer to help out on the educational voyages offered by the Los Angeles Maritime Institute.
What does LAMI stand for?
LAMI stands for Los Angeles Maritime Institute (California)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of LAMI
- Los Angeles Music Festival (Los Angeles, CA)
- Licensed Associate Marriage Family Therapist (psychology)
- Louisiana Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
- Los Angeles Macintosh Group
- Lactation and Mammary Gland Biology (laboratories; Department of Animal Science; University of Vermont)
- Los Arcos Mobile Home Park (Sierra Vista, AZ)
- Laboratoire d'Analyse des Matériaux et Identification (French)
- Laboratory for Micro- and Photonelectronics
- Languages and More Internet (website)
- Lectures in Applied Mahtematics and Informatics
- Laboratoire de Microinformatique - Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (Switzerland)
- Low and Middle Income Countries
- Lightweight Airborne Multispectral Countermine Detection System
- Limited Area Model of the Instituto Nacional de Meteorologia
- Linux Audio Multiple Interface Player
- Local Authority Market Intelligence Portal (UK)
- Limited Areas of More Intense Rural Development
- Landslaget for Matematikk I Skolen (Norwegian: National football team for mathematics in school)
- Library Association Multimedia, Information and Technology Group (Scotland, UK)
- Lisp Abstracted Markup Language
Samples in periodicals archive:
The total cost of repairs is still unknown, but after insurance payments, the Los Angeles Maritime Institute, which operates the ship for character-building voyages serving local students, expects to pay about $50,000 out of pocket, Capt.
You would think that this would have entitled him to a break, but rather than sink into retirement, Gladson, an accomplished sailor, founded both the Los Angeles Maritime Institute and the Top Sail Youth Program to help give at-risk youths a one-of-a-kind learning experience.
Board of Harbor Commissioners Hundreds of uniformed Ecuadorean sailors PUBLIC: For more information call Los Angeles Maritime Institute at 310-833-6055.
s official tall ships, the twin Brigantines Exy and Irving Johnson, which were built by the Los Angeles Maritime Institute at the water's edge, says museum director Dr.
For more information about TallShips(R)LA, contact the information line at the Los Angeles Maritime Institute at (877) 825-7447 or visit www.
Nearly one hundred recommendations for the opportunity to sail in the European tall ship race as ambassadors poured in from TopSail Youth Program alumni, school mentors, program directors, and TopSail captains and mates at the Los Angeles Maritime Institute (LAMI).
Volunteers are needed to welcome the tall ships of the world to Los Angeles for the TallShipsLA festival, Thursday, August 11, through Sunday, August 14, as part of the ASTA Pacific Coast 2005 Tall Ships Challenge(R) Series co-hosted by the Los Angeles Maritime Institute (LAMI) and the Port of Los Angeles.