Byline: MIRROR REPORTER MONARCHY drama The King's Speech earned a host of awards yesterday from the influential Los Angeles Film Critics Association.
What does LAFCA stand for?
LAFCA stands for Los Angeles Film Critics Association
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Lake Amphibian Flyers Club (Boca Raton, FL)
- Laminar Air Flow Cabinet (laboratory safety)
- Leicester Athletic Football Club
- Lille Absolut Furet Club (French: Lille Absolute Ferret Club; Lille, France)
- Liss Athletic Football Club (UK)
- Los Altos Feeding Clinic (Los Altos, CA pediatric consultants)
- Los Angeles Fire Conclave
- Los Angeles Flight Center (El Monte, CA)
- Los Angeles Futbol Club (soccer)
- Los Angles Film Critics
- Lake Argyle Freshwater Catfish Fishery (Australia)
- Local Agency Formation Commission
- Los Angeles Filmmakers Cooperative
- Luxury Articles and Fragrance Company (New York)
- Los Angeles Final Cut Pro User Group
- Louisiana Association of Family and Consumer Sciences (Lafayette, Louisiana)
- Lansing Automakers Federal Credit Union (Lansing, MI)
- Liberty Alliance Federal Credit Union (Kentucky)
- Los Angeles Federal Credit Union (Los Angeles, CA)
- London Association of Funeral Directors (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
After being named best film Sunday by the Los Angeles Film Critics Association, it was selected Monday as the best of 2009 by the New York Film Critics Circle.
Byline: ANI Melbourne, Dec 15 (ANI): Kathryn Bigelow's The Hurt Locker won top honours at the Los Angeles Film Critics Association and the Boston Society of Film Critics awards.
The Perth-born actor has already received two posthumous awards this month, winning accolades from the Australian Film Institute and Los Angeles Film Critics Association.
Yesterday the Los Angeles Film Critics Association bestowed their top honor on Andrew Stanton's Pixar smash, the first time in the 33-year history of the awards that an animated feature received the top slot.
Award number two for Ledger's Joker Late Australian actor Heath Ledger has received a second posthumous award, as the Los Angeles Film Critics Association honoured his performance in Batman blockbuster 'The Dark Knight'.
With these nominations, "The Diving Bell and The Butterfly" continues an impressive streak of honors that includes: the Best Film award from the New York Film Critics Online; the Best Foreign Film award from the National Board of Review, the Boston Society of Film Critics, the Washington Area Film Critics Association and the San Francisco Film Critics Circle; the Best Director award for Julian Schnabel from the 2007 Cannes Film Festival, the Golden Globe awards and the Boston Society of Film Critics; the Best Cinematography award for Janusz Kaminiski from the Los Angeles Film Critics Association and the Boston Society of Film Critics; the Sloan Award at the 2007 Hamptons Film Festival; the Audience Award at the 2007 AFI Film Festival; the Grand Prize Best of Fest at the 2007 Ft.
Daniel Day-Lewis won the best actor prize from the Los Angeles Film Critics Association on Sunday for his performance as an early 20th-century California oil man in There Will Be Blood, directed by Magnolia's Paul Thomas Anderson.