The Los Angeles Cultural Affairs Department gives Brown about $11,000 for each comic-book project.
What does LACAD stand for?
LACAD stands for Los Angeles Cultural Affairs Department (Los Angeles, CA)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of LACAD
- Louisiana Agricultural Consultants Association
- Los Angeles Commission on Assaults Against Women
- Lake Area Citizens Advisory Board (Missouri)
- Los Alamos Citizens Advisory Board (Los Alamos, NM)
- Los Angeles Compensation and Benefits Association (California)
- Latin American Civil Aviation Commission
- Local Architectural Conservation Advisory Committee
- Los Angeles County Arts Commission (California)
- Los Angeles County Animal Care and Control
- Los Angeles County Academic Decathlon (high school)
- Lapeer Area Citizens against Domestic Assault (Lapeer, MI)
- Local Advisory Council on Alcoholism and Drug Abuse (New Jersey counties)
- Leicester African Caribbean Arts Forum (UK)
- Los Angeles Community Action Network
- London Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (UK)
- Los Alamos Civil Air Patrol
- Latin America and Caribbean (region)
- Latin American Coalition Against Racism
- Lahore College of Arts and Sciences (Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan)
- Laser Applications in Close Air Support
Samples in periodicals archive:
Los Angeles: California Council for the Humanities, City of Los Angeles Cultural Affairs Department, n.
LOS ANGELES -- The City of Los Angeles Cultural Affairs Department (CAD) officially launched African American Heritage Month celebrations this morning with the unveiling of an ambitious series of cultural events for audiences throughout Los Angeles and the San Fernando Valley.
Organized by the George Eastman House, the Lewis Hine exhibition is sponsored by the California Commission on Health and Safety and Workers' Compensation, State Compensation Insurance Fund, UCLA-Labor Occupational Safety and Health (LOSH) Program, UCLA Center for Occupational and Environmental Health, Councilwoman Wendy Greuel, Teamsters Joint Council 42, Los Angeles City Attorney, City of Los Angeles Cultural Affairs Department, and funded in part by a grant from the California Wellness Foundation.
He said the center received some support from the Los Angeles Cultural Affairs Department, which helped fund some programs, including a Mexican-style Jarocho music and dance program.
Approximately 20 members of the Southern California Chapter of Tuskegee Airmen have accepted an invitation by Los Angeles World Airports (LAWA) and the City of Los Angeles Cultural Affairs Department to personally view the commemorative Tuskegee Art Exhibit and the Tuskegee Airmen's Mural at Los Angeles International Airport's (LAX's) Terminals 1 and 3.
The program was hosted by the LA Arts Intersection collective of performing and visual artists and presented by the Ivar-based California Youth Theatre and the Los Angeles Cultural Affairs Department.
Los Angeles World Airports (LAWA) and the City of Los Angeles Cultural Affairs Department are marking aviation's centennial with an exhibit entitled, "LAX Celebrates 100 Years of Powered Flight.