However, cones were found in the retinae of 7 species of shark from three different families and in each case only a single type of long-wavelength-sensitive cone photoreceptor was present.
What does LWS stand for?
LWS stands for Long-Wavelength-Sensitive
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of LWS
We have 90 other meanings of LWS in our Acronym Attic
- Litchfield Web Services (Litchfield, NH)
- Living Wisdom School (Palo Alto, CA)
- Living with A Star (Beowulf cluster application - NASA)
- Living with Style (website)
- Loading Manual Weapons/Stores
- Local Weather Service
- Local Welding Supplier (various locations)
- Local Wildlife Site (conservation)
- Logistex Warehouse System (Logistex)
- Long Wavelength Spectrometer (Keck Observatory)