]detects long-wave infrared energy to produce exceptionally clear images at extended distances, employing an advanced 17 micrometer pixel pitch focal plane array.
What does LWIR stand for?
LWIR stands for Long-Wave Infrared
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of LWIR
We have 1 other meaning of LWIR in our Acronym Attic
- Living Word International Church (Slough, Berkshire, England, UK)
- Loring Ward Investment Counsel Ltd (Canada)
- Look What I Found
- Look What I Got
- Leap Wireless International Inc. (NASDAQ symbol; now LEAP)
- Last Walk in Naryshkin Park (book)
- Lightweight Inertial Navigation System
- Lightweight Internet Protocol
- Linear Wave Interpretation Page (meteorology)
- Luxor Writing Instruments Pvt Ltd
- Lost Workday Incident Rate
- Long Wavelength Infrared Camera
- Long Wave Infrared Hyperspectral Sensor System
- Liberalized Wagon Investment Scheme (India)
- Limited Weather Information System (NAV Canada)
- Lorenzo Walker Institute of Technology (Naples, FL)
- Louisville Women in Technology (Louisville, KY)
- Lumber Workers Industrial Union
- Laser Water Jet
- Lightweight Java Game Library
Samples in periodicals archive:
Using their patented designs as well as proprietary fabrication technology, Pranalytica is able to commercially offer fully packaged, highest power and highest wallplug efficiency mid-wave and long-wave infrared QCLs for a broad range of defense, homeland security, industrial and health-related applications.
By using an 8- through 10-micron range, it can give the user "sight" in spite of smoke, foliage, fog, rain and other adverse conditions, and the long-wave infrared technology allows a war fighter to "see" even in pitch-black or no light conditions.
The ENVG is a helmet-mounted, passive-image-intensification and thermal device that incorporates both I2 and long-wave infrared sensors into a single integrated system.
These coatings act as a selective filter, allowing visible light to pass through the window while blocking long-wave infrared radiation.
5 micron wavelength region of the mid-wave infrared (MWIR), and also predominate in the 7-to-14 micron wavelength region of the long-wave infrared (LWIR).
has designed a new curing system designed to cure a wide variety of coatings using both convection and long-wave infrared (IR) heat sources.
VULCAN CATALYTIC SYSTEMS Flameless catalytic gas heater panels for roll- and sheet-fed thermoformers use median to long-wave infrared energy and aid in reducing costs over electric IR.