Selected presentations of the workshop, shedding light on land-ice interaction (Matti Lepparanta), ice deformations (Ove Parn and Jari Haapala), long-term variability of ice cover of some Karelian lakes (Roman Zdorovennov et al.
What does LTV stand for?
LTV stands for Long-Term Variability
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of LTV
We have 49 other meanings of LTV in our Acronym Attic
- Light Transport Vehicle (Pakistan)
- Linear Time-Varying (systems and controls)
- Ling-Temco-Vought Co.
- Ling-Temco-Vought Corporation
- Loan to Valuation (ratio)
- Loan To Value (ratio)
- Local Thickness Variation
- Local Transport Vehicle
- Logistics Transfer Vehicle
- Long Term Volunteering
- Lake Tahoe Visitors Authority (Stateline, NV)
- Limited Technical Vulnerability Analysis
- Limited Technical Vulnerability Assessment
- Long Term Vehicle Area
- Long Term Venous Access
- Lawn Tennis Vereniging Bleiswijk (Dutch: Lawn Tennis Association Bleiswijk; Bleiswijk, Netherlands)
- Little Theatre of Virginia Beach (Virginia Beach, VA)
- Living the Vision Committee (New Mexico State University)
- London Transit Van Centre (London, England, UK)
- Lower Thames Valley Conservation Authority (Canada)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In contrast to most grant-funded research, which spans only a few years, LTER studies are often sustained over decades, documenting gradual changes and long-term variability that often cannot be revealed by short-term studies.
Climatologically, the difficulties involved in separating long-term variability from the effects of more recent climate change, and the roles of ENSO and tropical cyclone activity, are treated well.
The CalCOFI zooplankton time series extends from 1949 to present, providing an unprecedented opportunity to assess long-term variability in North Pacific pelagic assemblages and the links of such variations to climatic forcing.
Further data will be required to find the sources of the observed long-term variability of antithrombin measurements.
Such observations could help astronomers discern long-term variability in a star's corona, such as that due to the sun's 11-year activity cycle.
THE SHORTAND LONG-TERM VARIABILITY OF SELECTED MIDWESTERN TORNADOES.
In the end, the AIM mission will expand the study of long-term variability in the Earth's climate.